The Ranting of a New Professional

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Dar es Salaam, here I come!!!


Well everyone,

I've finished my first two weeks of training (1 in Overpelt, Belgium and 1 in Brussels, Belgium) and am headed to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania in about 6 hours!!!!

So far things have been great with my job and I've learned an incredible amount already. This is going to be a difficult job, but I'm up for the challenge and look forward to all the adventures and people that are going to be brought my way (or maybe I'm going their way)! There's a ton of information to remember and hopefully I can keep it all straight in my head.

The people that I've met that work for the company so far have all been great and I am really glad to have so many people like me as co-workers. We've all gotten along really well and have enjoyed going out and visiting places together.

Overpelt is a small, quiet town about 5 minutes from the Dutch border. The town is really picturesque and people ride bike everywhere there; it's crazy!

We took a weekend trip to Amsterdam, since it was only a couple of hours away and had a lot of fun there. It is crazy there, but not nearly as everyone imagines it back home; It's actually a realy pretty city.

Brussels is very pretty too and has a good amount of things to do. I've had a great time here, but was mugged last Friday night. I'm fine and they didn't get any money, but I was pretty banged up. The people here were awesome and really helped out when they realized what was happening and one of the guys got arrested (2 of the 3 got away)! I did get one good swing in, though in defense and gave one of em a fat lip. Though, they all got much more in on me. Oh well, I'm fine, they didn't get any money, and one was arrested, so everything worked out.

I leave early tomorrow morning for the airport and will have a small layover in Zuric before the direct flight to Dar; I can't wait!

Until next time!!!
Daniel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home